How We Work
We work in local partnership
We work alongside carefully selected local partners to ensure that people have the access to loans, training and saving that enable them to lift themselves out of poverty. These tailored services equip clients to develop businesses, to save and to insure against an uncertain future.
Working through local partners ensures we are best meeting the needs of the families we seek to server. Loan officers and staff of these partners speak the local languages, understand community challenges and concerns and, in doing so, enable you to have a greater impact.
Committed to helping families transform their lives, we only partner with capable local organisations that share our mission and values.
We work with partners who have:
- A primary objective of helping people out of poverty.
- Whereever possible, work in teh poorest, largely unserved regions.
- Operate within a market that exhibits a relevant 'gap, with conditions that are favourable for microfinance.
- Clear strategies that show their continued intent to help people out of poverty.
- A commitment to meeting people's needs and having an impact.
Because we are committed to being good stewards of your donations, we partner with organisations that can operate sustainably and have:
- Excellent, inspiring leadership.
- Strong risk management and governance.
- A solid operating platform and capable staff.
- Good financial performance and an ability to manage significant growth.
- Comprehensive business plans and projections underpinning a sound future.
- A history of financial self-sufficiency or, for start-ups, a forecast to be so within two years.