Opportunity International is working to end global poverty by providing a hand up, not a hand out. We believe that enabling individuals to create dignified and sustainable work is the foundation for transforming their lives, their children’s futures and their communities.
The clients we work with have ambitious dreams for their futures, but lack the opportunities needed to make those dreams a reality.Today, Opportunity International serves more than 10 million hardworking families in over 20 countries around the world.
How we work:
- We support local partner organisations that provide innovative financial solutions to empower people, create jobs and build vibrant communities.
- We create innovative partnerships to provide complementary services to clients.
- We seek to positively impact the lives of clients, staff and supporters.
- Our products, services and training enable clients to develop businesses, to save and to insure against an uncertain future.
- We strengthen and influence value chains to benefit our clients, connect them to viable markets and drive economic progress.
- Our programmes provide opportunities for families living in poverty to transform their lives by giving them a hand up, not a hand-out. We seek to help the poorest of the poor wherever possible. While we aim to ensure the sustainability of our programme partners, our primary focus is not economic return – our return is seeing people’s lives transformed.
- We deeply value relationships. How we go about our work is fundamentally important to us. We strive to have our values reflected in all we do.
- We are a long-term, strategic partner. We support our programme partners with funding as well as much-needed technical and operational assistance, empowering them to reach out to people in poverty in their area.